Mold Changeover Technician
Responsible for mold change over, and to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair plastic injection molds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review production schedule and identify molds for change over, and react quickly to changing schedules
- Ensure molds are production ready and provide guidance to injection mold machine operators
- Change mold inserts over to run different parts and set date codes if needed
- Properly tag molds, inserts, and any secondary equipment
- Clean and lubricate molds upon return from production, including loading and unloading of the solvent tank
- Provide minor fabrication/repair of mold components, secondary fixtures, and gauges
- Clean and perform minor repairs to hot manifold/sprue systems
- Keep accurate account for all molds, inserts, etc., and verify actual location
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus one or more years of experience in a fast-paced injection molding setting is preferred but not required
- Basic math skills
- Basic knowledge of tooling and production equipment
- Professional attitude
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack
- Ability to safely operate various models of forklifts
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve basic mechanical problem
Polymer Molding, Inc. (PMI) is a U.S. manufacturer of plastic protective caps, plugs and custom moldings. These types of products are usually disposable and are commonly used to protect threaded fittings, tubing and valves and in many other applications where contamination or shipping damage needs to be avoided.
PMI was founded in its hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania in 1978 as an injection molder and tool builder of toy and consumer specialty products. In 1989, the company introduced its proprietary line of protective products and has grown to one of the leading producers of these types of commodities. The Erie facility has expanded over the years, but instead of trying to be the biggest, the focus has remained on exceptional customer service, quality and value.
Full time benefit package, eligible after 30-days including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, Paid Time Off, and company match 401kCompany (after one year of service)
Polymer Molding, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please call 1-814-455-8085 for assistance.
Committed to a Better Customer Experience
When you call Polymer Molding Inc. during normal business hours, your call will be answered by a live person, every time. It is our sincere commitment to lead the market in exceptional customer service, because you deserve to do business with a company that truly cares about you and your product needs. Our knowledgeable, friendly and helpful sales and customer service representatives will take the time to help you select the best parts for your applications at the most competitive prices in the industry. We are here to answer questions, process your orders, and prepare your shipments quickly and efficiently. Click the button below to compare our pricing and see the Polymer Molding difference.