Secondary Operations Operator
Responsible for handling and packaging of manufactured products at the molding presses as well as performing secondary operations on manufactured parts and purchased products as conveyed in the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and package finished product.
- Perform any secondary operations necessary such as trimming, assembly, special packaging, sorting, punching, drilling, grinding, labeling, etc. on molded and purchased parts.
- Handle the basic monitoring of the press and work station. This includes machine problems, cavitation counts, and basic quality functions (visual and functional checks of products). The operator is to inform the shift supervisor of concerns in these areas for corrective action.
- Handle and package finished product into customer-specific quantity packs for inventory and shipment.
- Perform incoming inspection of all parts for which secondary operations work was outsourced.
- Weigh-count the cartons and apply any bar code or other labels required.
- Sort out defective product, if any is found. If sorting is excessive:
- Products produced in-house - the shift supervisor is to be informed.
- Factored Products – QC is to be informed.
- Keep work area clean and skids and all product organized.
- Assist fellow employees as the need arises or as instructed by the Lead Operator.
- Communicate and cooperate fully with management and fellow employees in all aspects of the job.
- Provide backup for other operators when necessary.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- High School Diploma, GED, or comparable work-related experience preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, production-based warehouse or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Prior experience as a machine operator in the molded plastic field, or other fast-paced, production-based manufacturing environment preferred.
- Capable and willing to operate any injection molding machine and maintain productivity and quality standards.
- Actively engages in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to learn and execute all work instructions, standard operating procedures, and quality practices/standards.
Polymer Molding, Inc. (PMI) is a U.S. manufacturer of plastic protective caps, plugs and custom moldings. These types of products are usually disposable and are commonly used to protect threaded fittings, tubing and valves and in many other applications where contamination or shipping damage needs to be avoided.
PMI was founded in its hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania in 1978 as an injection molder and tool builder of toy and consumer specialty products. In 1989, the company introduced its proprietary line of protective products and has grown to one of the leading producers of these types of commodities. The Erie facility has expanded over the years, but instead of trying to be the biggest, the focus has remained on exceptional customer service, quality and value.
Full time benefit package, eligible after 30-days including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, Paid Time Off, and company match 401k Company (after one year of service)
Polymer Molding, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please call 1-814-455-8085 for assistance.
Committed to a Better Customer Experience
When you call Polymer Molding Inc. during normal business hours, your call will be answered by a live person, every time. It is our sincere commitment to lead the market in exceptional customer service, because you deserve to do business with a company that truly cares about you and your product needs. Our knowledgeable, friendly and helpful sales and customer service representatives will take the time to help you select the best parts for your applications at the most competitive prices in the industry. We are here to answer questions, process your orders, and prepare your shipments quickly and efficiently. Click the button below to compare our pricing and see the Polymer Molding difference.