Customer Service Representative
Polymer Molding, Inc. is seeking a Customer Service Representative as we continue to grow and expand our business. We provide a high-energy environment with a culture that supports individual growth & opportunities. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills who, with attention to detail, can resolve problems and provide solutions to our customers. Responsible for processing of customer’s purchase orders and providing customer service to existing and potential customers. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Timely processing of purchase orders for shipment preparation
- Timely processing of customer EDI requirements
- Timely processing of customer inquiries via e-mail, including delegating inquires to other CSR’s and PMI personnel
- Process quotation, apply pricing in DBA system, label and file in appropriate electronic folder and the ACT database
- Process customer sample requests and forward to the Receiving Clerk for shipment preparation
- Handle customer phone calls pertaining to placing orders, product inquiries, and general FAQ’s about the company and product
- Handle complaints regarding pricing, delivery, quality, shipping, etc.
- Authorize RGA’s and prepare corresponding paperwork (RGA Packing List, Return/Credit Form, Customer Complaint if applicable)
- General correspondence with outside sales representatives
- Answer incoming calls as needed
- Provide back-up for Customer Service Reps
- Regular and consistent attendance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus three or more years of experience in an office environment; Associates Degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook
- Basic knowledge of computer/keyboard
- Professional attitude
Polymer Molding, Inc. (PMI) is a U.S. manufacturer of plastic protective caps, plugs and custom moldings. These types of products are usually disposable and are commonly used to protect threaded fittings, tubing and valves and in many other applications where contamination or shipping damage needs to be avoided.
PMI was founded in its hometown of Erie, Pennsylvania in 1978 as an injection molder and tool builder of toy and consumer specialty products. In 1989, the company introduced its proprietary line of protective products and has grown to one of the leading producers of these types of commodities. The Erie facility has expanded over the years, but instead of trying to be the biggest, the focus has remained on exceptional customer service, quality and value.
Full time benefit package, eligible after 30-days including: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, ADD, Paid Time Off, and company match 401kCompany (after one year of service)
Polymer Molding, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please call 1-814-455-8085 for assistance.
Committed to a Better Customer Experience
When you call Polymer Molding Inc. during normal business hours, your call will be answered by a live person, every time. It is our sincere commitment to lead the market in exceptional customer service, because you deserve to do business with a company that truly cares about you and your product needs. Our knowledgeable, friendly and helpful sales and customer service representatives will take the time to help you select the best parts for your applications at the most competitive prices in the industry. We are here to answer questions, process your orders, and prepare your shipments quickly and efficiently. Click the button below to compare our pricing and see the Polymer Molding difference.